While we are still largely focusing on numerous large and fairly complex back-end matters related to our back-end (APIs, server and database related), we have been able to dedicate some time to introduce an exciting new feature and various smaller improvements.
New feature – notifications:
Shortly put, beyond the existing folder invitation notification, we will now be able to issue product updates and other notifications to you. And, you can now enable browser notifications for Weava. So no more missing out on shared folder invitations sent to you.
Some of you may be thinking “Yay… Notifications…” but to Weava this is a pretty big deal for several reasons. While there is still room for improvement of the feature itself, this will really enable us to easier share product updates and other relevant information with you going forward. We realize that we do not always do a good job of providing you with updates and showing the progress of our work. So, hopefully, this will enable those of you who want to stay better tuned to our product update releases, special offerings and more. And don’t worry, we will certainly not spam you with notifications, and will only share occasional offers and product updates.
And as mentioned, we have not only introduced an in-app notification feature but also created browser API notifications – so that you can see Weava notifications wherever you are on the web. And of course, we have given you the option to enable/disable such browser notifications, which you can change in your account settings. So, if you do not want to receive browser notifications, simply disable the feature. However, we know that many of you have been keen to see this feature built so that you can easier notice and access folder invitations from your friends and colleagues, so we’re excited to have it ready for you!
- Introduced various referral feature improvements. We simply want to make it easier and more rewarding to share Weava with your friends. You can read more about referral here, and we will share more about this next week.
- Enhanced font and style in various places on the web application.
- Removed the ‘Skip this step’ feature in the Weava signup process that enabled users to create a temporary account to test Weava. Now, users will need to sign up to use Weava.
- Minor tweaks to our onboarding emails.
- Minor improvements introduced to the User Registration Questionnaire that users see when they first register with Weava.
- Minor tweaks to our Chrome extension sidebar promotion image for free subscription user – which will now show instantly instead of after 5 days.
- While not a technical update, we have created an offer for charities around the world. If you know of a worthy charity that you think could benefit from Weava, why not tell them about it? Read more about Weava for Nonprofits here.
- Fixed a bug where when a user would edit highlight colors on the web application, there would appear an invisible layer (even after closing the pop-up) which would block parts of the clickable elements on the folder sidebar.
- Fixed an issue with the highlighter color pop-up not closing properly for some users.