Weava Collection - Research on health fair (activity, Exercise, foods, day, water, lots)
Student: Test, Page 14
- the number of pounds of peaches, p, and the number of pounds of grapefruit, g,
How Much Physical Activity is Needed? | Choose MyPlate
- If you haven't been active in a while, start slowly and build up.
- Children and adolescents should do 60 minutes or more of physical activity each day.
- Choose activities that are appropriate for your fitness level.
- As part of their 60 or more minutes of daily physical activity, children and adolescents should include muscle-strengthening activities, like climbing, at least 3 days a week and bone-strengthening activities, like jumping, at least 3 days a week.
Tips for healthy eating | girlshealth.gov
- Ask your family to try to buy less junk food, so you are not tempted. Even better, join the shopping trip and pick out some good-for-you foods.
- Pick more fruits and veggies. Try to fill half your plate with them.
- Choose water instead of sugary drinks. Add a slice of lemon for taste.
- Make sure to eat a healthy breakfast
- Try to limit sugary treats, like cakes, cookies, doughnuts, and brownies.
- Eating too much food can lead to being overweight and lots of related health problems.
The Importance of Exercise & Nutrition | LIVESTRONG.COM
- Exercise together with a proper diet will help place your body in caloric deficit, meaning that you are burning more calories than you are consuming.
- Exercise and nutrition work synergistically, creating the capacity for enhanced performance.
- Healthy eating is not hard. The key is to
Eat a variety of foods, including vegetables, fruits, and whole-grain products
Eat lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, and low-fat dairy products
Drink lots of water
Limit salt, sugar, alcohol, saturated fat, and trans fat in your diet
- Saturated fats are usually fats that come from animals. Look for trans fat on the labels of processed foods, margarines, and shortenings.
A healthy weight for girls | girlshealth.gov
- To stay at a healthy weight, you want to take in around the same amount of calories as you use for activity.
Is It Important to Drink a Lot of Water?
- So do enjoy 100% juice — but don't overdo it.
Why Exercise Is Cool
- You can help this important muscle get stronger by doing aerobic (say: air-OH-bik) exercise.
- Here are some exercises and activities to build strong muscles: